|Today's DrudgeReport.com Drudge's Special Reports Drudge on Twitter||Recent Headlines or Pictures Popular Headlines Time Line|
Support The DrudgeReport; Visit Our Advertisers
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED DEC 17, 2003 17:06:32 ET XXXXX
CONTROVERSY SWIRLS AROUND O'REILLY BOOK SALES CLAIMS
FOXNEWS's top-rated host Bill O'Reilly recently claimed that he is "running against Hillary for most copies of nonfiction books sold this year!"
But numbers obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT show a dramatically different sales scene for 2003 than O'Reilly's TODAY show comments.
NIELSEN's BOOKSCAN placed O'Reilly at #6 for the year on the nonfiction charts, trailing rival Al Franken by nearly 30%!
The number represents scanned, purchased, sold and bagged copies at AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE, BORDER'S, COSTCO and other outlets.
[BOOKSCAN is generally considered to capture about 70-80% of total sales of all books sold in USA.]
With two weeks of sales to go for 2003:
1. South Beach Diet Dr. Arthur Agatston 2,304,608 [units scanned]
2. Purpose Driven Life Warren 1,507,902
3. Living History Clinton 1,084,520
4. Ultimate Weight Solution McGraw 836,043
5. Lies and The Lying Liars Franken 674,024
6. Who's Looking Out for You O'Reilly 430,407
7. Benjamin Franklin Isaacson 384,137
8. Dude, Where's My Country Moore 365,519
9. Treason Coulter 364,848
10. Fly Boys Bradley 222,685
11. Short History of Nearly Everything Bryson 217,591
12. Moneyball Lewis 210,108
13. Royal Duty Burrell 159,261
14. Who's Your Caddy? Reilly 151,978
15. Every Second Counts Armstrong 145,183
16. World According to Mr. Rogers 141,405
17. Madame Secretary Albright 122,167
18. New Cookbook, BH&G Better Homes & Gardens 118,230
19. Merriam Websters Dictionary 115,185
20. Bushwacked Ivans 110,000
As a comparison, Harry Potter has scanned 7,908,391 unites; DaVinci Code moved 3,023,336.
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereportArchives.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2003
Not for reproduction without permission of the author
By design, duplicate headlines are now appearing in both the search and "Recent" sections.
This is because Matt changed the URL, but not the headline.
Matt Drudge does not own, operate or maintain DrudgeReportArchives.com. He is not responsible for it in any way.
Drudge's e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drudge's Book: Drudge Manifesto
Home | DMCA | Link Decay | RSS Feed
iDrudgeReport.com the official DrudgeReport.com mobile site.
The Official Drudge Report (Free) iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad App Download from the iTunes App Store
AfricanEnergy.com | RoadSideHazmat.com